Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Smoothies 101

     Earlier I talked about my most favorite purchase recently my Magic Bullet. It has opened up an entire new world for me, in my effort to get super healthy this summer I now have a smoothie everyday for breakfast and it is keeping me much fuller than food ever did. I did a lot of research on which system to choose and for my next four years as a college student, the Magic Bullet seemed the most practical. I love that it came with cups you mix the smoothie in for less hassle and cleanup and is portable enough to take anywhere with you.

I have a million smoothie recipes, but I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorites and these all fit in the large Magic Bullet cup.

Black Raspberry- Vanilla
1 cup of blackberries
1/2 cup of raspberries
1 cup of vanilla yogurt (this is one of the greek yogurt cups)
1 tbsp of honey
handful of raw oats
* I use frozen berries because they make the smoothie thicker and then you don't have to use ice
* They will stay thick all night if you pre make one the night before and leave it in the fridge
* After I put everything in the cup I fill it up halfway with almond milk

Berry- Vanilla
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
* you can add ground flax, raw oats, or protein powder of your choice

enjoy! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment