Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Weekend of Can Chasing

     I just got home from a weekend of can chasing that was filled with long nights and early mornings. While on the road it is easy to become cluttered and unorganized for both my horse and I. There is a few easy ways to rid the mess and just keep everything in its "spot." I do have to remember not all of us are as lucky as I am to have a Mom and Bestie who travel along with me and help to keep the mess away!
   
     I have a horrible habit of just tossing my boots and polo wraps on the floor of the trailer after my run but lately I've been trying to break that habit. All of my sport boots and bell boots go in a bucket by the trailer door for easy access and all my polo wraps go into my classic equine boot bag. I have a three tier plastic storage container that I use to keep all my boots in and are organized by, front, rear and bell boots for those that I don't use everyday. It's nothing fancy but its small, portable, and keeps things out of the way.

     My horse's legs mean everything to me and my first priority is keeping those where they're suppose to be. I keep a tote bag filled with my clay, gloves, and linament gels. This way I know no matter where we are her leg care kit will all be together. Otherwise after a few practices and weekend on the road, they'd be scattered all over the tack room and I don't have to waste time looking for all of them.


     I am lucky enough to have tons of hooks in my tack room and a carpeted wall so that things don't get beat up on the road, but another way to keep things organized is always hang everything back up! The hooks are there for a reason, use them. I hang everything up from whips to extra reins and halters. It keeps things off the floor and the clutter away. 

     If you do have windows on your rear doors of the trailer they come in more handy than most would think! To keep things out of the tack room I hang all my hag bags on the left rear door by just hooking the straps around the window bars. I didn't think it would come in as handy as it does and then I am able to keep all the feed together in the same spot. 


Sometimes you find things you never thought would help keep the clutter away!

     A trailer door caddy is a great tool to keep things organized, off the floor, and right at your finger tips! I use mine for spurs & straps, rubber bands, and all the bottles I could imagine. Just make sure you keep your tack room window closed, so things don't get wet! 






No comments:

Post a Comment