Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Planning for the Road

     This will be the third weekend in a row on the barrel racing trail. Things get crazy, cluttered and I often stay packed from weekend to weekend. Always remember to only pack what you need and nothing extra, extra stuff takes up too much space! I plan all my meals and snacks out ahead of time and usually package them up before I hit the road, this way when I am there all I've got to do is quickly put together a meal. I try to make things as easy as possible for traveling, for both my horse and I.

     I make all my grain for both morning and night ahead of time, and just bag them up in ziplock bags. This way they are in their spot in the trailer, aren't spilling everywhere and are ready when I need them!
For my dry beet pulp I use the sandwich bags and for the grain and supplements I use the gallon ziploc bags.

     Lists, Lists, Lists! I make a list for everything I need to buy, pack and get ready. I have a list for the menu with all the meals on it along with snacks I will be bringing. Then another list is for the grocery stores I need to go to and what I need to buy at each of them (I try to buy everything from Trader Joes). If I am making a new recipe I will make a list with each recipe on it to make sure I have everything I need! List keep you from forgetting things & over packing what you won't need. 
Look for more list tips to come! 

Every spring when race season rolls around I see what I need to add to my shower caddy that I keep in the bathroom. I keep everything in a simple caddy you can pick up almost anywhere, that way on the road nothing spills all over the place. My medicine cabinet is already jam packed full! 
Things for the Caddy: 
1. Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Comb/ Hairbrush
3. Toothpaste
4. Tootbrush
5. Body Wash
6. Razor & Shave Cream
7. Make up Wipes
8. Face Wash
9. Deodorant
10. Sunscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment