Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Insider

     I don't want to be a boring blogger who only post about herself, but I feel like that is half the blog getting to know who you are reading about. Most people think; she's a neat freak, she's got a perfect life with a waterfront cabin and two barrel horses. Honestly that is just one small piece of who I really am.
     My brother Brandon is my best friend, and my rock no matter where life takes us. We have been partners in crime since day one and we don't have any plans for it to change. When we moved into our neighborhood 15 years ago, we became extremely close with our neighbors who are now our brother and sister (family isn't always blood)! Each and everyday I am thankful for the people who have come into my life over the years.
     I haven't had the easiest journey getting to where I am today with my barrel racing career. Between ages 6-9 I had four different horses none of which worked out. I took a year off and just had riding lessons twice a week, before finding my paint mare Casey who gave me all she had. From the moment I sat on her I knew she was the one. She came from a cutting and performance background, but was awesome to grow and become a better rider on. Without her I wouldn't be riding today or be the rider I am. I was blessed enough to receive her daughter Zoe when I was 13 years-old for Christmas and she has been an adventure and a half!
     A year and a half ago today, my family suffered a great loss when my Papa had a heart attack. Things were forever changed and I lost certain relationships but gained a stronger relationship with others throughout the extremely tough time. I was very close with my Papa and he was my biggest supporter when it came to my passion for barrel racing, and without him I wouldn't be where I am today.
    I don't want to bore you all so, get out there and enjoy the weekend! xoxo

 The horse that changed it all! 


Sometimes work gets a little crazy! 

My Brother Brandon & I at a concert last month

My Papa and I at my last fair on Casey R.I.P. Papa

The trouble maker Zoe and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment